Hand hygiene is a critical element in disease prevention, including preventing the spread of COVID-19, but based on the latest global estimates, 2 out of 5 people or 3 billion people around the world lack basic handwashing facilities.
Find out the latest data on:
WASH in schools
WASH in healthcare facilities
- UNICEF-WHO-World Bank: Joint Child Malnutrition Estimates - 2020 edition interactive dashboard
- Female genital mutilation (FGM) data
- The State of the World's Children 2019 Statistical Tables
- Child mortality data
- Maternal mortality data
- Immunization data
- Progress for Every Child in the SDG Era dashboard 2019
- Water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH) data
We believe that consistent, credible data about children’s situations are critical to the improvement of their lives – and indispensable to realizing the rights of every child.
3 in 4
Children aged 2 to 4 worldwide experience violent discipline by their caregivers on a regular basis